Mr. Marchessault has nearly 30 years of experience in the Electric Utility Industry. Positions included Apprentice Power Plant Operator, Meter Specialist, High Voltage Electrician 1st Class and Environmental, Health and Safety Manager.
After completing his 4-year electrical apprenticeship program, he studied Electrical Engineering and obtained degrees with concentrations in business administration, behavioral psychology and communications.
He is now a Safety Consultant and the President of Workplace Safety Solutions, Inc. where he continues to work with many utilities and general industry in and outside the U.S.
His volunteer positions include: President and Board Chair for Vermont Utilities for Electrical Education, Inc., a non-profit organization comprised of the 21 electric utilities in the state of Vermont targeting electrical safety towards elementary and technical schools throughout Vermont as well as contractors and emergency responders working near power lines. He is the editor of the National Safety Council Utilities Division Newsletter; the past Safety Director for the Vermont Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, and is an active member in many safety and electrical-related organizations including the Electric Division of the National Fire Protection Association, Utilities Division of the National Safety Council, IEEE, NEPPA, and ASSE. He continues to maintain his electrical license; and holds several safety certifications including Certified Utility Safety Administrator (CUSA).
Certifications and Licenses
- National Safety Council Certified Utility Safety Associate (CUSA)
- Certified General Industry 10 and 30-hour Trainer
- Journeyman Electrician License #EJ-2793
- Certified Utility Safety Professional (USOLN)
- Adjunct faculty Keene State College OSHA Training Institute
Adjunct Faculty Rochester Institute of Technology OSHA Training Institute
Adjunct Faculty University of Southern Florida OSHA Training Institute
History of Associated Affiliations and Titles
- President for the Vermont Utilities for Electrical Education, Inc. (a non-profit organization developed to educate Vermont children, contractors and the public on electrical hazards)
- Editor and Committee Chair of the National Safety Council Utility Division Newsletter
- Director of the Vermont Safety and Health Council
- Director of Safety for the Vermont Wing of the Civil Air Patrol
- Chairman of the Safety and Occupational Health Committee for the Electric Council of New England
- Member of the Utilities Division of the National Safety Council
- Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers
- Member of the Energy Council of the Northeast
- Member Association of National Fire Protection
- Member of Northeast Public Power Association
- Member of IEEE
National Safety Council Safety & Health Magazine and Newsletters
Incident Prevention Magazine